Minutes - Action Issues
March 29, 2000
- Team finalized the six category definitions.
- T. Hurt will post the final version on the CHO website under Seletion
- Subject Headings
- Each institution submitted the subject headings (LCSH, TGM, AAT and SHIC)
to T. Hurt.
- T. Hurt combined the three institution subject listings into one
main list. The list will be posted on the CHO site under the Selection Link.
- Team will review the combined list in order to create a final list of
subject headings [final in terms of the list will be what catalogers will work
from, knowing that additional headings may apply to individual photos].
- Date Ranges
- The team decided to expand the date range beyond the 1923 date in the
grant; the new date range in 1950 and earlier.
- This topic will be discussed at the April 3, 2000 meeting in order to come
to a unanimous decision about the date range of the photos.
4) Duplication of Photos
- The team decided that they the institutions that may overlap in subject
matter (CHO and UConn) would review the finding aids for similar collections
(Rail Road and Cheney Brothers material) to try to handle duplication from the
start of selection.
5) Numbers of Photos Selected
- Each group reported how many items they had selected to date;
- Selection is on going.
- Discussed what would happen if 5000 number per institution could not be
reached. The team decided to bring this up at the next all staff meeting April
6) Oversize Photos
- The team discussed the possibility of choosing some larger items /
oversized items (11 x 14 ++ ) which would cost more but in choosing larger
items the number of images would go below 5000 [same cost / less items /
quality is objective not quantity].
7) Mounting Minutes and Other Data
- T. Hurt will work with Rudy to make sure the Selection link on the CHO
page is working.